Wednesday, March 9, 2011

This weeks challenge ABSTRACT

Here is your assigned reading and viewing!!!
 at this link you will find SUPERB examples of abstract photographic images>>>> Abstract is really about finding details and color and light and texture and using them to create an unexpected image. Please leave in the comments your favorite image from the assigned reading, mine is the black and white staircase that looks like a xylophone. In just the past few years I have started to enjoy this style of simple shapes and keenly used light. Have fun and don't tell us what it is, let us guess :) and work hard to get great exposure!!
Here are few of mine and I will shoot one this week as well and post in the group.

4 comments:

  1. I thought it would be impossible to choose a favorite until I came to the black and white with the pieces sweeping towards the viewer with the metal ball balanced on top. This one: http://marinshe.deviantart.com/art/Rhythm-57447305

    This will be a fun assignment, thanks Aimee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many pics are we allowed to post in flickr for this assignment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited for this one again! I love abstract photography, it's so fun! Anything goes! Thanks for another exciting challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is by Alexander Buise taking a shot of the building and it forms a cross shape!! This will be a definate learning experience for me!!! Can't wait to play!!

    ReplyDelete